QTP VBScript new series + Interview Question Bank on QTP for enrichment of Knowledge in QTP
This Site has been brought to you by HP Certified Expert of QTP.
Exciting new articles for October:
1) QTP Tip:Deselect all Radio Buttons
2) HP QTP Crypt Object
3)Adding Hyperlinks in Excel Spreadsheet
Best of Luck Friends ! ! !
All Articles are Copyright Protected. These are Free for Reading & Personal Use. Reproduction in Any Form without the Permission is Illegal & Strictly Prohibited.
Copyright © 2009 ExpertQTP
Monday, July 21, 2008
You can download QTP from the following rapidshare link:
Keywords: QTP, download QTP, QuickTest Professional, QTP help, QTP features, QTP Certification, QTP Rapidshare download, QTP Download rapidshare
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
Names of contributors will also be published along with the post.
I will post the answers once you guys actually try it on your own
1. The toolbar enables you to view the details of an individual action or the entire test flow is:
A. Testing toolbar
B. None of the above
C. Action toolbar
D. Test Pane
2. The key that is used to Start/End analog recording mode ?
3. QuickTest supports virtual object for analog or low-level recording.
4. To use a specific property to identify your object, but that property is not listed in the properties list. Then how do you identify that object?
A. Add the specific property to the list
B. Use the Default property
C. Use some other property to identify your object
5. The checkpoint used to check the alt attribute exists for all relevant objects (such as images) is
A. Database CheckPoint
B. Accessibility checkpoint
C. Bitmap checkpoint
D. Standard checkpoint
6. Bitmap checkpoint is supported in VB environment.
7. Can we parameterize the checkpoints properties?
8. What is the shortcut key that is used for a Standard Checkpoint?
9. Can we change name of checkpoint?
10. To compare the values of the specified property during a run session with the values stored for the same test object property within the test.
B. All the above
C. Output Value
D. Compare the object property
11. You will use which recording mode for an object not recognized by QuickTest?
A. Low-Level Recording Mode
B. Normal recording Mode
C. Analog Mode
12. The statement that calls the recorded analog file is:
13. An action can be called by other tests or actions is:
A. Call Action
B. Split Action
C. Reusable Action
14. You can replace the page in your Active Screen tab:
15. QuickTest adds a checkpoint statement in the Expert View as:
A. Check Checkpoint
16. A Checkpoint checks that a text string is displayed within a defined area in a Windows application is:
B. Text Area
17. In ACTIVE X environment, an ACCESSIBILITY checkpoint is supported?
18. Can we get the execution time for an action in a Test?
19. Can we add external library files in QTP?
20. The method used to get data from HTML Table is
C. GetCellData (Row,Col)
21. The Command used to insert the transactions in test is:
A. StartTransaction(Name), EndTransaction(Name)
B. Services.StartTransaction "Name", Services.EndTransaction "Name"
C. StartTransaction.services "Name, EndTransaction.services "Name"
22. A step in which one or more values are captured at a specific point in your test and stored for the duration of the run session is:
A. Output Value
C. Active Screen
23. QuickTest can detects an application crash and activate a defined recovery scenario to continue the run session.
24. In Batch Test process, the test list are saved in file format as:
25. The command used to invoke other application from QTP:
D. Both b & c
E. Both a & b
26. The command used to retrieve data from excel sheet is
A. Set ab = Connection("srcfilepath ") , Set ws = ab.getdata(sheetid)
B. Set ab = CreateObject("srcfilepath ") , Set ws = ab.getsheet(sheetid)
C. Set ab = GetObject("srcfilepath") , Set ws = ab.worksheets(sheetid)
27. The method that explicitly activates the recovery scenario mechanism is:
28. The method used for sending information to the test results is:
29. To terminate an application that is not responding we use:
30. The recovery mechanism does not handle triggers that occur in the last step of a test:
31. We can add Test object methods, function calls into the Test using:
A. Function generator
B. Step generator
C. Object repository
32. The method that adds to the test while implementing synchronization is:
33. The mechanism used to identify objects during run session is:
A. Recovery scenario
B. Smart identification
C. Handling object
34. Post-recovery test run options specifies:
A. how to continue the run session after QTP identify the event
B. errors while running
C. recovery scenario during a run session
35. The action that can be called multiple times by the test as well as by other tests is called:
A. non-reusable action
B. Reusable action
C. External action
36. The command used to connect with Database is:
A. Createobject(connectivity name)
B. dbconnect(connectivity name)
C. open(connectivity name)
D. None of the above
37. The method used to retrieve the folders is:
38. The method used to compare 2 XML files is:
39. The QTP script files are stored in the extension of:
40. The method used to register the user-defined function with test object is:
41. The method used to open the specified URL in a browser is:
42. The 3 Parameter types available in data driver is:
A. DataTable,Environment,Random number
B. DataTable,random number,unique
43. The method added to the test while parameterizing is:
A. get Data (variable, dtGlobalSheet)
B. get DataTable(variable, dtGlobalSheet)
C. Set Data(variable, dtGlobalSheet)
D. Set DataTable(variable, dtGlobalSheet)
44. The length of the array can be get by the method:
45. The method used to get the count value of list box or combo box is:
46. To retrieve the current the objects in your application during the run session:
47. The list of test objects and their properties and values are stored in the:
A. Object Repository
B. Object Identification
48. The method used to continue the test execution after getting run-time error is:
1. On Error Resume Next
2. On Error Raise Next
3. On Error Next
Please post your answers in the chat box. Then I will post you my answers.
Keywords: QTP Certification, QTP sample questions, QTP Features, quicktest, quick test professional, hp
Sunday, July 6, 2008
Eventually, in any software system, users may defects or we can say bugs in the
developed program. Normally, these bugs are fixed, the fixes are then tested, and the updated
software is released back to the users . However, since the software is so tightly coupled or we can due to the interconnected nature of software, even the smallest change can wreak
unpredictable havoc when the implications of that change are not properly understood.
Any software change, even one that corrects a known defect, can affect
a system in an unforeseen manner and potentially cause problems that are worse
than those that the change was originally trying to address.
Regression testing is the practice of retesting of a software system that has been
modified to ensure that no previously-working functions have failed as a result of
defect reparations or newly added functionality.
Comprehensive regression testing fully ensures that a software system is functioning as designed. Comprehensive regression testing, however, is rarely feasible, given the time and resource constraints placed on the typical software development team.
As a software system expands and evolves, it becomes more and more difficult to test every piece of functionality. This problem is compounded by the frequency of software builds. In an
environment where software builds are done on a nightly basis, comprehensive
regression testing of every build is essentially impossible. Typically, in these
environments, the testing of previous functionality is foregone to allow for testing of
new fixes and new functionality. This leaves open the possibility that the software
team will release software with undiscovered defects.
Hence we go for an Automation tool that helps us in addressing these challenges. Through an Automation tool, we create scripts and which are quite helpful in retesting the original system's functionality. Every time we get a new build, we execute the created automation scripts to check the previous working functionality. And the most important benefit of automation is that we can execute scripts in an unattended mode means it frees QA persons to do other important tasks while the scripts are running automatically.
Please post your comments in the Chat box....